Characteristics of an ATEX/Ex Cable Gland
- An ATEX/Ex metallic (nickel-plated brass) is a piece that allows compression sealing.
- It uses mechanical components and an axial force to compress an internal elastomer gasket inside a casing.
- Cable glands are designed to connect wires in fire-proof or safer equipment in hazardous areas. They provide a watertight water and gas-tight connection between the cable and the equipment, thus preventing the cable from being pulled out or twisted, ensuring a ground connection to the wire frame.
- Designed to work in hazardous areas (Group II)
- Fixes the cable to its element
- Prevents liquid or dust from entering the element
- Unlike a simple rubber gasket, a cable gland provides sealing/tightness
- II 2GD Ex d IIC Gb (Double Compression Cable Cable) for armored cables
- I M2 Ex d I Mb Ex tb IIIC Db (Single Compression Cable) for armored cables
- II 2G Ex d IIC Gb (Single Compression Cable Glands) for unarmored cables
- II 2G Ex e II Gb I M2 Ex d I Mb
- I M2 Ex e I Mb Ex tb IIIC Db
Application zones: Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 21, Zone 22 Gas group: IIA, IIB, IIC
Gas groups: IIA, IIB, IIC
Main advantages of Fleximat ATEX cable glands
- Excellent value for money
- Anti-Vibration Anti Vibration
- Easy and Quick Assembly
- Halogen Free and RoHS compliant
- High UV Resistance
- Waterproof up to pressures of 5 bar
- Wide working temperature range
- Available in version Shutter with blind gasket, in all kinds of threads: Metric, PG, GAS and NPT, with joint for several cables, with Long and Extra-long Thread, in Anti-torsion version. Parts are available in stainless steel and aluminum.
Wide range of ATEX/Ex accessories
Plugs, Amplifiers, Reducers, Adapters, Round Nuts, Hexagonal Nuts, Round and Hexagonal Plugs.
Our ATEX/Ex cable glands and their range of accessories are used in the following sectors: Oil platforms, Petrol stations , Chemical plants, Nuclear power plants, etc. All our ATEX/Ex glands and accessories meet the requirements of the highest international quality standards. Our products are certified by: ATEX/Ex : IEP 14 ATEX 0215U , IEP 14 ATEX 0216U, IEP 14 ATEX 0217U, according to EN 60079-0:2012, 60079-7:2007, 60079-31:2009, 60079-1:2007 CE (European Conformity), Rohs (Restriction of Hazardous Substances). GOST-R (Gosudarstvenny Standart Russia).